CBS 3380 (original) the Philippines, 1968
Words & Music by: Side A – Rod Argent; Side B – Chris White
Musicians: Colin Blunstone (lead and backing vocals), Rod Argent
(keyboards and backing vocals), Chris White (bass and backing vocals), Paul Atkinson (guitar and backing vocals), Hugh Grundy (drums and backing vocals)
Recording sessions: Produced by Rod Argent and Chris White at the EMI (Abbey Road)
Studios, London, UK, on 14. September 1967
Highest chart positions: Side A – US #3, US Cash Box #1, Canada #1, Australia
#43, Netherlands #14; Side B – none (I have no idea how this single did in the
Philippines, talaga)
Surprisingly, the song was not a hit in the UK during the 1960s, despite becoming a major success across the Atlantic.
I was also surprised to see that this copy was made in
the Philippines as I bough this in the States.
I’ll always remember Mike Yost for his Dymo sticker on the label. 😊
List price: This pressing seems to be quite rare, and the estimated market value would start from $35. Less with a Dymo sticker.

No comments:
Post a Comment